AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Find Duplicated Keywords in Editor shows keywords without duplicates?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why is the 'Find Duplicated Keywords' function in the Adwords Editor showing keywords without duplicates?

When I'm searching for duplicated keywords I use the Adwords Editor to find these duplicates. This works fine.

But in these duplicate-lists often some keywords show up without duplicates. I can't figure out why they are in this list (as there are no duplicates for them)?

Thanks a lot for your help!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
October 2015

Re: Find Duplicated Keywords in Editor shows keywords without duplicat

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Q-mark,

I can think of a few reasons which might be causing this -

1.) You are using the "Any word order" setting. The keywords won't look like duplicates in this case but for the sake of the setting, any terms which are the same but in a different order will be pulled up. I doubt you are using the wrong match type setting as the flagged keywords would look like duplicates.

2.) You've deleted the duplicate keyword in this same session so you're still left with one variation which could be mistaken as a keyword which hasn't got a duplicate.

3.) I'd also suggest checking the "Optional: Hide duplicates" section of the settings.

Untitled.png

If it's none of the above points, please let us know so we can help further!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Scotty,

Thats it! I've filtered out 'deleted & paused' keywords, so I only see the single LIVE keywords in the duplicate lists.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
This is really a helpful information.
Thanks Scott

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I'm glad to hear it! Smiley Happy

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.