AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Final URL of Keyword VS. Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Let's say I have 2 final URLs: one from a keyword and one from an ad.

Which one takes precedence?

My instinct is that the keyword would take precedence. But what if I change the final URL of the ad after changing the final URL of the keyword? Would this overwrite the keyword final URL or would the keyword final URL remain the same despite the change?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Final URL of Keyword VS. Ad

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Eric, how are things?

Adwords will always use the most specific settings, in that case, the keyword URL whenever is set, even if you change the ad url after.

This works for other things too. If you have a CPC for one keyword in particular, it will ignore the ad group CPC and use the keyword CPC.

Just be careful, because a lot of people forget that hey set a keyword URL, and later on will proceed to change the ad URL, but this won't take effect.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Eric
Could you please tell me where did you find URL for keywords? In adwords we can use a URL called 'final url" in the Ads and a display url shown with the ad, to the best of my knowledge. For more details on URLs please read https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6080568?hl=en

Thanks

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Ajay S you can set URLs on keyword level. Check this out: https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30840?hl=en

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks a ton leandrofm for this piece, very much appreciated.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
I did not notice your reply as my page was open for sometime and then i just posted it. Had I refreshed the page I might have. But then I would not have got this info you provided, so its all good. Thanks again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi!

Will the display URL also change accordingly?

Cheers,

Justin