AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Final URL in DSA

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I am trying to create a dynamic search ad (DSA) and I am having issues. Probably I am skipping a step.

I have a Campaign and 3 Ad Groups. In one of the Ad Group, I want to test a DSA. So I created one easily.

Then I got an error, I needed to create an Auto Targeting. I tried to create one. While I was trying I seen I missed adding a domainSmiley Happy

So I clicked on Settings for the Campaign and tried to add the domain. I am using Unbounce with a sub-domain. Like go.domain.com; I could not save it with the subdomain so I have used domain.com instead.

Switched to Auto Targeting tab and added the Add dynamic ad target. The filter is "Webpages that match all of the specified attributes will trigger your ads" with URL contains "go.domain.com"

One issue that I could not understand, though, I want to pass the keyword with utm_term to the landing page so that I can generate the Heading with the keyword. I could not figure out how to add it.

Because, when I add it as a custom parameter then test it I get Final URL mismatch (domain.com)

Forgot to mention, I have a few normal Search Ads as well. Cannot I keep them both there? In those ones, I can add Final URL but in Dynamic Search Ad, I cannot add it.

Any suggestions? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Final URL in DSA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Minas M

Ideally, you should keep DSA and normal Search Ads in different campaigns. 

To your query, to add tracking template to DSA adgroup, click your campaign and go to adgroup tab. Next, click Columns > Modify Columns > Attributes > Tracking Template. Add it to the view and save. 

Now you will see a column for Tracking Template there. Go and add your tracking info to it. Start with {lpurl}?. And add your tracking, for instance - {lpurl}?keyword={keyword}.

Next, go to one of your DSA ads. Edit it and expand Add URL Options. Hit Test button here. If it says, URL found, you are done. 

Thanks

Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.