AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Filtering a list of Search Terms in the Search Term Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there was a way to filter a whole list of search terms in the Search Term Report

I do not want to add these keywords as a negative term, as I might need them the searches that contain them later.

For the time being, I would like to filter them out as a list instead of doing it one by one, to save time.

Just as an example in the picture below, I want to add Acura, Honda, Toyota etc..as one list. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Search term report.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2016

Re: Filtering a list of Search Terms in the Search Term Report

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Antonio.

That's not currently possible in AdWords (but it is possible in Google Analytics for the search terms that resulted in a click).

The conditions are of the AND type in AdWords and that's why it doesn't work. You could either use Analytics or download the list and work with it in a text editor that can work with regular expressions, if you want.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Antonio.

That's not currently possible in AdWords (but it is possible in Google Analytics for the search terms that resulted in a click).

The conditions are of the AND type in AdWords and that's why it doesn't work. You could either use Analytics or download the list and work with it in a text editor that can work with regular expressions, if you want.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Antonio, how are things?

One other way to achieve that is by using Labels. You could add the same label for those keywords you want, and then use "labels" to filter out the results for just those keywords.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Calin, thank you for the prompt answer! I haven't worked with GA for a while, can I exclude the terms from there once I find them? About RegEx, I have specific competitor terms, I don't see how that could work. Also filtering doesnt seem to accept regex in the Search Terms Report. Thanks A.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! This seems achievable.