AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Few questions related to lowering the Max CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm new in here and I wish to start by using this forum ... with a question Smiley Happy

So, I am managing a AdWords campaign by using AdWords Editor. Is there any way to make multiple keywords adjust their maximum CPC by the top page maximum estimate?

Thanks in advance !

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author aov1983
September 2015

Re: Few questions related to lowering the Max CPC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi aov1983,

It's always good to see a new enthusiastic member, welcome Smiley Happy

You can indeed change multiple keywords to the top page maximum estimate CPC bid. Primarily select the campaign or ad group level you wish to do this at and then go to the Keywords tab, highlight the keywords you wish to apply this change to and select Advanced bid changes, now you will be able to see the option to Raise keyword to maximum CPC to their top of page bid estimates.

The picture below should help you out but please note that I've highlighted the wrong option though as I read your question wrong at first.

AdWords Editor Bids.png

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author aov1983
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi aov1983,

It's always good to see a new enthusiastic member, welcome Smiley Happy

You can indeed change multiple keywords to the top page maximum estimate CPC bid. Primarily select the campaign or ad group level you wish to do this at and then go to the Keywords tab, highlight the keywords you wish to apply this change to and select Advanced bid changes, now you will be able to see the option to Raise keyword to maximum CPC to their top of page bid estimates.

The picture below should help you out but please note that I've highlighted the wrong option though as I read your question wrong at first.

AdWords Editor Bids.png

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Scott.

I'm kind of new to the Editor. This will help me because I don't want to do it manually for hundred of keywords.

P.S.: If anyone has the same difficulty, I just wanted to inform him that they can't use this option if you already have bids higher than the top CPC ... like I did  Smiley Happy

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

In the same tool, choose "Decrease bids by $100" (or any other large amount), and at the bottom check "Don't set keyword maximum CPC bids to values lower than their top of page bid estimates".

Alternatively, set all bids to one penny (simply select all keywords and type into the appropriate text box at the bottom), and then run the tool with one of "Raise keyword maximum CPC bids" options.