AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Feature request > split as separate campaign / ad group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I think it would be useful if we could split campaign or ad groups easily within a few clicks. A bit like the copy/paste functionality but quicker:

• Ad group to be created as a separate campaign, taking all settings from parent campaign. Ad group in campaign set to paused.
  • Set of keywords to be split in different ad group or campaign. Taking all settings from parent campaign. Keywords in ad group / campaign set to paused.

Useful for optimizing large campaigns where you see certain ad groups taking too much budget.

Also "move ad groups to other campaign" would be interesting.

What do you think?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Feature request > split as separate campaign / ad group

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I personally like the idea @Davy T.

To achieve what you're saying, I'd probably copy and paste the campaign in question within AdWords Editor, then select and delete all but the ad group that I want segmenting into the new campaign. Obviously you then have to rename the campaign also, but this would be the case in your feature request also. 

I believe it's more useful for the keywords side of things in particular though as you can't replicate this as speedily within Editor.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.