AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Feature Request: Display page <TITLE> on Display Network URLS

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

It would be of immense benefit if I can see the page TITLE on display network URLS (both Automatic and Managed). I have culled though thousands of display urls and viewing the TITLE before hand would help so much.

I use a tool in excel that extracts it for me using a custom VBA, but I get too many time out errors when thring to extract 100+ urls. I would like to view them in AdWords UI so we can use better judgement in blocking or biddding on URLS in display network.

If that doesn't work for 3rd party URLs at least Implement it for Google Property URLS such as YouTube, so we can see Display Network (youtube) video titles in our Reports.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Feature Request: Display page <TITLE> on Display Network URLS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Maxroizer,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I think that importing user contents (like video titles) or 3rd party website contents into the AdWords UI is not company policy. 

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your response Lakatos,

On my display targeting youtube adgroups, 90% of the videos have relevant impressions. However I discovered a handful of totally irrelevant videos that we got clicks on (like video game videos or monster truck videos). It makes it inconvenient to siff through all those videos we got clicks on because the URL looks like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v={vidID}.

If I saw the title say "Video Game Review" or "Monster Trucks" I would block those in a heartbeat. Also, if the video is about the product's we offer I would boost CPM on that in a heartbeat as well.

Since we can see the said clicks from a youtube URL, why would displaying the video title of the video against policy if it's Public?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yep, I saw your point right at the beginning, about blocking/boosting videos. 

The URL is attached to the video by Google but the title is editable hence that's user content. I would not say what you suggest is against the policies, however, importing user content into UI is not something Google typically engages in. I think the reason is to keep the UI as clean as possible. (In the reverse case uploaders would promote the videos by specifying tasty titles and you would not gain much.)