AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Extra Text in display url

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Suppose this is the ad of hotel comapny

Hotels in Jaipur - tripadvisor.in

jaipur.tripadvisor.in/hotels
 260 Jaipur Hotels. Read 15000 Reviews & Compare Now!
Best Travel Review Website, 2013 – 

Will it not be good if advertiser uses some world like 20%discount or someting else instead of  (hotels) in the dispaly url
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Extra Text in display url

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jeewan,

You can use any keywords you want in the display URL as long as your display URL doesn't exceed the character limit 35.

The main advantage here is when one of the word of the user's search queries matches the keyword in the display URL , it will appear in BOLD. So, the more relevant, the better.

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Jeewan G,

If you're asking whether is better to use jaipur.tripadvisor.in/hotels‎ or jaipur.tripadvisor.in/20%-discount in display URL, then I would say it depends on landing page. After reading this Ad I would think after click I will get to some sort of list of hotels and after I click I can read reviews and compare these hotels. But there is no mention about hotel reservation or something like that, so 20% discount could be a little bit confusing maybe. 20% discount on what? all hotels? one hotel? 20% discount on unlocking reviews?

Best regards,

Alex

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Alex, Thank you for reply, my point is that instead of hotels or search query world in the display url, should we use another text. Will that be more useful

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Jeewan G, that's hard to say, because how people react to Ad is different from country to country. Generally your display URL should indicate where are your potentional customers going to get after they click on your ad.

If you have doubts I would suggest to test 2-5 variantions of this Ad. And then decide which one of your ads perfomed the best. Just dont make this decision after few days.

Alex
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jeewan,

You can use any keywords you want in the display URL as long as your display URL doesn't exceed the character limit 35.

The main advantage here is when one of the word of the user's search queries matches the keyword in the display URL , it will appear in BOLD. So, the more relevant, the better.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

Thank you.