AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Extensions in the Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can the Google AdWords Preview and Diagnostics Tool be upgraded to preview ad extensions?

Wouldn't it be great to be able to see your ads with all of their extensions showing, be able to switch on or off specific extensions, and also where you are targeting regional areas, be able to set the geographic region in the preview tool?

I can't be the fist person to think of this, does anyone else think it would be a good idea?

Isn't there a feature request forum somewhere where we can vote for new features?

Best regards

Roger

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Extensions in the Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Roger.

Some time ago I wrote a blog post about this. In a nutshell, use the Ad Preview Tool and after that hit enter again in the search box below the Ad Preview entry frame.

Don't hit the blue search button, because it is not active. Just search again, this time by pressing enter in the pre-populated field below.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Extensions in the Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Calin, that is a pretty good solution as it does indeed show some of the extensions, callouts in my current test, but not Sitelinks or CaIl Extensions.

I was still looking for a solution to show a bit more though, like being able to simulate the display of each of your extensions. I'm sure it would be really useful so you can see what each extensions looks like and so you can sanity check what you have written when it is displayed with your ad texts etc.

Do you know of a way to pose and vote for new features in AdWords?

Best regards

Roger