AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Extensions Rotation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody,

My question is related to sitelinks/location extension/phone extension/call out rotation.

I cannot find anything on Google regarding the way AdWords is managing the rotation of the above's.

I have a carpenter which want to receive more leads through phone calls and visits in his place. A good practice is to set both location & phone extension; then, to increase CTR ,adding sitelinks is beneficial too. The AdWords guide says, then, that an algorithm manages the rotation considering different variables; however I canon t find anything regarding the matter if is more beneficial, for the goal of the campaign, to use just location & phone extension to increase the chances for them to be shown.

Thanks Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Extensions Rotation

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Simone, 

It has been my experience to just add all the site links you can. Google is usually smart enough to figure out what is best for the user. If it is phone calls that you want you should focus on Call only ads. you can read up on call-Only-ads here: Call only ads

Hope that helps. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Terry,

thanks a lot for your answer. However I am still wondering how can Google recognise what is the best for me.

I have customers which really want their number to be shown with the Ad; if I want to pursue this way and make them happy, which is the most profitable strategy for the Phone Extension to be shown?

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Hi Simone

There is no way to guarantee that any extensions will show, that is why I add them all. But if you really want calls you should really focus on Call only ads. That is the only way to guarantee that the phone number is in the ad. 

You can try to make sure your ads are Mobile friendly and perhaps that will persuade Google to use the Call/Location extensions. 

Hope that helps. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Simone P,

Google measures the CTR of your ads when shown with and without extensions. Extensions will rotate until enough data has been collected to make a determination. If you only have the two extensions, they should be shown. The only way to show a phone number in your ad is with a Phone Extension or with a Call-only ad.

Google will show up to 4 extensions with your ad. Sitelinks could help your QS. You'll probably get your best answer through testing.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords