AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Extended Ad discription

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was searching for a keywords and got some new (extended discription line) ads which is in attachment.

I wanna know is it new feature of ads or somthing else?

can anyone help me out on this.

Thanks,

Santy

extended ad.JPG

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Extended Ad discription

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi,

This is not a normal ad. Big brands with Google, such as airlines who spend lots of money on AdWords, often get to test new ad formats and features before they are released to the public (you and I). At first I thought your description might be that of an extended sitelink description, or a review extension, but neither of those fit the image that you included (although I can't make it out in great detail). I'm hopeful that someone else can chime in and tell us if they've seen this before.

My suspicion is that it's a beta test of an extended description line, which I've heard of in the past.

Either way, you probably won't find it in your account.

Cheers
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Santy

I am not 100% sure that it is some kind of a feature which is beta right now or some kind of update from Google in its text ads to provide some more info to the user from the linked landing page. I have seen this for one of the Indian educational site as well. After searching on this, i came across to know that Google is highlighting some more details from landing page in the text ads. Look at the snapshot below. Additional text in the ad are in the same order to which they are on the landing page.

Save On: Flight deals, Weekend flights, Hotel deals, Flight + hotel deals, .....

img8.JPG

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Jack's,

I know it's in beta

if any Google team member help will be more happy.

Santy

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

The + symbol in the text line, reminded me that, I somewhere read, lately,  an article about a "trick" to bypass the 25 character limit.  Though in this specific format (of Philippine air),  the text line seems too long for the "trick" to work, and it is more likely one of Google's ad format testings.

Anyway, I found it; Her it is;

BEAT THE ADWORDS CHARACTER LIMIT – HOW TO GET AN AD HEADLINE TO EXCEED 25 CHARACTERS

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Interesting, Most of the comments assure that method worked fine for them, But I'm sure this isn't anything recommended by Google. Probably as Moshe said It might be ad format testing