AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Export Only Active Ads in AdWords Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

The export HTML feature in AdWords Editor is great for showing the whole overview of a campaign. However, I was wondering if there was a way to only show active ads (currently running and not paused) in the export. Does anyone know if this is possible or a solution to this? It looks a bit confusing because all ads are being shown without letting you know which ones are paused and which ones are not.

Thanks for any insight you have on this.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Export Only Active Ads in AdWords Editor

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Here's one way. Use Advanced Search or similar to find all ads that you do not want to export (e.g. all paused ads). Delete them (just in Editor; don't post changes). Export account to HTML - ads marked for deletion will not be exported. Finally, revert changes to those ads you marked for deletion in step one.

Not entirely satisfying, but that's the best I could come up with, I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Here's one way. Use Advanced Search or similar to find all ads that you do not want to export (e.g. all paused ads). Delete them (just in Editor; don't post changes). Export account to HTML - ads marked for deletion will not be exported. Finally, revert changes to those ads you marked for deletion in step one.

Not entirely satisfying, but that's the best I could come up with, I'm afraid.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your answer! Your method does the job so I'll be using it!