AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Export Only Active Ads in AdWords Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

The export HTML feature in AdWords Editor is great for showing the whole overview of a campaign. However, I was wondering if there was a way to only show active ads (currently running and not paused) in the export. Does anyone know if this is possible or a solution to this? It looks a bit confusing because all ads are being shown without letting you know which ones are paused and which ones are not.

Thanks for any insight you have on this.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Export Only Active Ads in AdWords Editor

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Here's one way. Use Advanced Search or similar to find all ads that you do not want to export (e.g. all paused ads). Delete them (just in Editor; don't post changes). Export account to HTML - ads marked for deletion will not be exported. Finally, revert changes to those ads you marked for deletion in step one.

Not entirely satisfying, but that's the best I could come up with, I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Here's one way. Use Advanced Search or similar to find all ads that you do not want to export (e.g. all paused ads). Delete them (just in Editor; don't post changes). Export account to HTML - ads marked for deletion will not be exported. Finally, revert changes to those ads you marked for deletion in step one.

Not entirely satisfying, but that's the best I could come up with, I'm afraid.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your answer! Your method does the job so I'll be using it!