AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

'Experiment only' ads not getting any impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

I've created a display remarketing campaign with the purpose of testing the impact of giving out a coupon code on the CTR.

The idea was to test 2 groups of ads on the remarketing list: 1 group of regular ads and 1 group of ads including a coupon code with a discount. 

In order to do this I set up an experiment at the campaign level, with a 50%-50% split. Inside the ad group I then created all the ads, and I set half of them to 'control only' and the other half to 'experiment only'. For the ad group I chose the option 'control and experiment'.

However, after the experiment started running, I noticed that the ads in the Experiment group weren't getting any impressions at all. The Control ads were the only ones running, even though it was supposed to be a 50-50 split. The ad group now has about 1500 impressions, all of them for the Control ads.

Any idea why this is happening? 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tania B
February 2017

'Experiment only' ads not getting any impressions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Setting  an experiments has changed a bit;

Verify that draft was set correctly

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6250195

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’