AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Expanding Banner

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords PPL,

I saw AdWords banner on which when I get my arrow I saw loading and after that the banner has expanded (get bigger).

Can you please give me some instructiones how to do it?

Thank you,

Lukas

- Lukas
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Re: Expanding Banner

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

If it expanded into a video, it can be the Lightbox engagement Ad, which shows first an image, then after you hoover over it for a few seconds it expands into the larger video. To setup this you can  select the campaign type "Display network only - all features - Engagement Ads".

engagement-ads.png

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lukas,

Not sure this is part of AdWords but did find some info from DoubleClick here: https://support.google.com/richmedia/answer/1719800?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

If it expanded into a video, it can be the Lightbox engagement Ad, which shows first an image, then after you hoover over it for a few seconds it expands into the larger video. To setup this you can  select the campaign type "Display network only - all features - Engagement Ads".

engagement-ads.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
What's interesting about the Engagement Campaign Ads is initially (well early on) expanded banners/images were included in some documentation and articles as one of the potential ad formats.

I do wonder if we'll get some additional options in the future. Although I feel like static banners would be pretty easy to implement compared to video and likely would have been part of an initial launch, but, what do I know. Smiley Happy

Lukas - Are you able to see that ad again if you revisit that page? Can you share it with us?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Engagement ads are the latest addition to the Google Display Network toolkit. Advertisers can contact their Google rep to opt into the new creative formats, and the new ads are priced on a cost per engagement basis, where advertisers are only charged when users interact with the ad units.

The new ad types include the following:

Expandable Display Ads
Expands after a 2 second hover
Creative sizes:
120×600 – Expands to 240×600
160×600 – Expands to 320×600
200×200 – Expands to 400×200
250×250 – Expands to 500×250
300×250 – Expands to 600×250
336×280 – Expands to 672×280
468×60 –  Expands to 468×180
728×90 – Expands to 728×270

Hover-to-Play Video Ads
Will likely replace the legacy Click-to-Play format

Video Plays after a 2 second hover
Creative Sizes
300×250
336X280

-Rohit

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Rohit,

Thanks for pasting this information, that is exactly what I was referring to (You should include sources though). But I must ask, are you able to use Expandable Display Ads in your accounts through Engagement Campaigns?

-Tommy

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.