AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Expanded Text Ads Import

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

We are writing here because we tried calling the Italian Adwords Support about the issue we have but they are very rude and unhelpful.

We have a very strange issue with Adwords Editor version 11.7.0

After exporting our nearly 4000 Standard Ads using the Adwords Editor Feature "Export as expanded text ads" we started working on the exported file with Excel, by correcting the Ads, creating the second headline, etc.

When all Ads were completed, we checked the length of each Headline, Description and all other fields to be sure that we were respecting the guidelines as requested.

Once we were sure that everything was ok, we saved the file in various formats and tried to import the new Expanded Ads in Adwords Editor but this is where we had the issue.

One fourth of the Ads is not imported during the import process in Adwords Editor. So we more than 1000 Ads which are not being imported but are being skipped, as you can see from the screenshot attached here.

The problem is that there is no log and no explanation at all as to why this Ads are not imported. There is no error explaining why this Ads are being skipped or which are the problematic Ads so we have no way of knowing which are the Ads and the reason why they are being skipped.

Anyone that can suggest us what might be wrong?

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user

Expanded Text Ads Import

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

"Skipped" means an ad already exists that matches the row being imported, so the row didn't result in any changes being made.

Expanded Text Ads Import

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Igor is correct. Sort the file by headline or description and you should find that some of the new ads are exactly the same, and therefore not imported. I see this all the time when I am updating ads.