AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Expanded Text Ads (ETA) support - .aea import - in Google Translator Tool Kit not working?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My aim is to translate a campaign from English to the French language. I exported a new ETA campaign (including the keywords and advertisements) from Google Adwords Editor in an .aea format. When I import this file into Google Translator the advertisement texts do not get translated (I have also done a test with a payed translation -> does not work either). When I do the same with an .aea file from a campaign with old advertisements (= not ATE) it works fine. Is it correct that the Google Translator Tool Kit is not working correctly for Expanded Text Ads? And if so, when will this be solved?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Danker v
December 2016

Expanded Text Ads (ETA) support - .aea import - in Google Translator Tool Kit not working?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Putting aside for a minute the technical issue, I would not recommend to translate using a machine an ad-copy.  An ad-copy is a matter of a culture, not just a language.  A translation by a  machine can result in horrendous errors  both in text and in meaning...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Danker v
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Putting aside for a minute the technical issue, I would not recommend to translate using a machine an ad-copy.  An ad-copy is a matter of a culture, not just a language.  A translation by a  machine can result in horrendous errors  both in text and in meaning...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I have taken a couple of translation courses in college, and only using a translation machine will never result in the best outcome. As Moshe said, there are many cultural differences that a translation machine cannot interpret. You can use a translation machine for help, like translating parts of a sentence or very short phrases, but not for bulk translations. There are professional translation services available like Lionbridge, or you could use fiverr.com or craigslist for cheap translations from local speakers. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is really not an answer to his question. The question was on how to upload the actual ads and not only the keywords.

Adwords translation tools is used by live translators. We upload the campaigns in this tool as it is really practical to share with *human* translators.

I am still looking for an answer to this question

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.