AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Excluding Audiences

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I create an audience, and add that audience as an Excluded Audience at the campaign level, does that prevent AdWords from showing all ads in that campaign to that audience, or just the remarketing-driven ads?

In other words, let's say I don't want to show ads to someone who bought something from my site in the last 30 days, I make an audience of people who've made it to the purchase confirmation page, then set that audience as an excluded audience, they won't see any of my ads (in that campaign) for the next 30 days right?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CharlieUnicorn
September 2015

Re: Excluding Audiences

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes, you got that perfectly right. If somebody is a member of the excluded audience, she won't see your ads in any campaign targeting the display network. I frequently do it when I set up more general display campaigns and more targeted remarketing campaigns. And the moment I start the remarketing campaign I see that traffic drops in the general campaign and rises in the remarketing campaign.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CharlieUnicorn
September 2015

Re: Excluding Audiences

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes, you got that perfectly right. If somebody is a member of the excluded audience, she won't see your ads in any campaign targeting the display network. I frequently do it when I set up more general display campaigns and more targeted remarketing campaigns. And the moment I start the remarketing campaign I see that traffic drops in the general campaign and rises in the remarketing campaign.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.