AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Excluded locations are the only visitors!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm getting visits from excluded locations only!  What am I doing wrong?  Up to now, not one visit from within the US which is our target area.  My budget is shot and it is only 10:30 am.  Please help!  I have attached a screen grab of the campaign location settings as well as of the analytics for today.Settings for the campaignLocations served

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Excluded locations are the only visitors!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Arise,
This seems strange and should not be happening, first thing pull a dimensions report through the Google AdWords interface. (Head over to the dimensions tab then drop down to view to geographic) make sure this data matches what you are seeing in Google Analytics.

If that is the case and it is targeting your excluded traffic I would try switching the targeting around and instead of excluding the countries you do not want, try only including the countries you do want - I know this may be time consuming but it will be worthwhile as this should provide the solution.

If you're still seeing visitors coming through from the wrong countries then jump back into the forum and we will see if we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Matt

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Arise,

Check your campaign settings for geo-targeting. Make sure it says "within my targetted area" and not "include search intent".

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Where do I find te geotargeting in the campaigns?  I tried settings and dimensions but there is no such option there.  Also, since I manually added the targets I'm interested in, the impressions have drastically gone down.  Why would that be?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We only have 20 clicks today!  We used to get an average of 450!  Please help!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We are hardly getting any impressions either!  WHat is going on?