AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Exclude products from paid shopping ads only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just switched over to use the paid for shopping ads.  By default all of my products were showing up.  I need to exclude a few so added the excluded_destination heading into my feed with Shopping as the value for products I wanted to exclude.

The problem is this seems to have excldued the products from the free shopping search but they are still showing up in the shopping ads section in the main search results.

Does anyone know how I can exclude them from the paid shopping ads only?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alan M
September 2015

Re: Exclude products from paid shopping ads only

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Alan,

I think you are not updated on the fact that nothing is free in Google Shopping Currently.

Google changed their model and are not offering free clicks on Google.com/shopping. You have to pay for your products to appear on Google.com/shopping.

Also please note that now both product ads and shopping are united, you can't exclude any one of them.

Here is the announcement.
http://googlecommerce.blogspot.in/2012/05/building-better-shopping-experience.html
http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2805431

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, it will exclude from both. Yes, i think it takes a while.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Alan,

I think you are not updated on the fact that nothing is free in Google Shopping Currently.

Google changed their model and are not offering free clicks on Google.com/shopping. You have to pay for your products to appear on Google.com/shopping.

Also please note that now both product ads and shopping are united, you can't exclude any one of them.

Here is the announcement.
http://googlecommerce.blogspot.in/2012/05/building-better-shopping-experience.html
http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2805431

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I understand now.  

So will using the method I mentioed above exclude us from both the shopping ads in the sidebar of the main search results and google.com/shopping?

The reason I ask is because I uploaded a new feed with the exclusion but so far the products only seem to have been removed from google.com/shopping and not the sidebar sponsored ads.

Maybe it just takes a while to work through the system?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, it will exclude from both. Yes, i think it takes a while.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I think very soon the free clicks graph on merchant center will go away.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Alan M,

The product listing ads on the right come from your AdWords account and the products that are in your feed. What you can do is add an identifier as an AdWords_label to your feed. That label can be as simple as "show" or "don't show". Then go to the ad group for your PLA and set a filter on the product list to be AdWords_label = show. That will stop the items that say "don't show" from showing up on the right side of the page. You could also use adwords_group, but I've had trouble getting that to work.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords