AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Exclude Sudan and Syria traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I thought my campaign is going great, and then I looked up how much traffic do I get from specific countries.

Sudan and Syria are just devouring my funds without 0% ROI.

And there is no way to exclude them from the country list!

What should I do?

Targeting per country is not an option for me since creating a whole world list is just wrong way to do it. And I guess it would not fix the Syria/Sudan issue.

Need a fix for it! Creating 500 miles radius exclude "smaller" locations like towns of other countries caught inside radius, but not the Syria/Sudan.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Exclude Sudan and Syria traffic

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Bogdan,

Thank you for your posting. Regarding your Sudan and Syria traffic issue with your Adwords campaign, I have two suggestions that should help your problem with the Sudan and Syria regions using up your campaign budget.

Suggestion# 1: Try adding Sudan and Syria as negative keywords to your campaign keyword list. You can use this link or this link to find out how to use negative keywords.

Suggestion# 2: Try using People in my targeted location in your Campaign Settings. To do this, go to your Location options (advanced). Look for Target "People in, searching for, or viewing pages aboutmy target location" & click Edit.  Choose People in my targeted location.Type in each individual country in the location targeting field (but do not include Sudan & Syria)

People in my targeted location.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Iran is in the exact same position as these two countries... still, 3 years later!

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

Thank you.