AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Exact match close variation question

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am managing an account targeting people looking for mold removal services for their attic. One of the ad groups contains the following broad match keywords:

attic mold removal

mold removal attic

attic mould removal

mold removal in attic

mold in attic removal

mould in attic removal

My expectation was that one keyword, e.g. attic mold removal, would cover all of these variations. However in this keyword list I'm seeing different Quality Scores, first page bid estimates and top page bid estimates for each of these keywords.

Can I just delete all but one variation and still show up for all the same queries as it does now?

I know that broad match covers variations in spelling, e.g. mould and mold

Does it not also cover variations in word order? e.g. attic mold removal vs. mold removal attic

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by PPCBossman (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Exact match close variation question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Citydan,

Any variation will only be covered by one keyword in case that variation is found relevant by Google. You may anticipate that that is the case in most cases, however, if you want to be sure you'd better list them all. Another advantage is that when you have listed a permutation that is keyed in exactly by the user you'll have a slight advantage over advertisers who have not.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

@citydan wrote:

Does it not also cover variations in word order? e.g. attic mold removal vs. mold removal attic

Yes it does

Regarding you question on quality score, that figure is based on each keywords relevance to landing page, search query, ad text [Etc as I believe you are aware] and above all the historical CTR of that keyword in relation to specific search queries that have made it trigger ads

So one explanation [but I believe there are many] why your keywords could show different quality scores is that they have a different history, having triggered ads at different queries and having different CTR:s

The quality score shown in youR AdWords interface is actually just a report of your past performance in average [For perhaps many different search queries]  and at the same time an estimation of your quality score for that keyword in the near future, in average

At least that is my interpretation

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Citydan,

Any variation will only be covered by one keyword in case that variation is found relevant by Google. You may anticipate that that is the case in most cases, however, if you want to be sure you'd better list them all. Another advantage is that when you have listed a permutation that is keyed in exactly by the user you'll have a slight advantage over advertisers who have not.

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

@citydan wrote:

Yes it does

Regarding you question on quality score, that figure is based on each keywords relevance to landing page, search query, ad text [Etc as I believe you are aware] and above all the historical CTR of that keyword in relation to specific search queries that have made it trigger ads

So one explanation [but I believe there are many] why your keywords could show different quality scores is that they have a different history, having triggered ads at different queries and having different CTR:s

The quality score shown in youR AdWords interface is actually just a report of your past performance in average [For perhaps many different search queries]  and at the same time an estimation of your quality score for that keyword in the near future, in average

At least that is my interpretation

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

David: "...one explanation [but I believe there are many] why your keywords could show different quality scores is that they have a different history .... etc."

There might be many but yours is the right one...Smiley LOL