AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Exact Match "No Conversion" and Phrase Match "Good Conversion" from search term report

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

I need a help for my Google Adwords campaigns.

In my campaigns all keywords match type is “phrase”. I have analyzed my “search term report” and see that I am not getting conversion from many “exact” match keywords. There are no “exact” match keywords in my campaigns.

Example:

1. Exact Match - No Conversion from 6 months:

[toyota tundra for sale]

[chevy 2500hd for sale]

[gmc sierra 1500]

[new dodge ram prices]

2. Phrase Match – Getting good conversion from 6 months: 

“toyota tundra for sale”

“chevy 2500hd for sale”

“gmc sierra 1500”

“new dodge ram prices”

The issue is that how can stop my ads have not trigger on "exact" match keywords.

Can I include “exact” match keywords as negative keywords in my campaign?

Will create any triggering issue for phrase match keywords?

OR

There are any other solutions please suggest me.

Thanks,

Pavan

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Exact Match "No Conversion" and Phrase Match "Good Conversion" from search t

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I think you are misunderstanding what the search query report is telling you...

You have a phrase match keyword... "toyota tundra for sale" - in the search query report Google tells you that someone searched for "toyota tundra for sale"... the report is telling you that this was actually matched - EXACTLY - i.e. as if it were an exact match keyword.

Your phrase match keyword would also have triggered an impression if the search had been for "toyota tundra for sale in New York" - and that would have reported as a phrase match query.

So you don't need to worry about adding negatives - in fact you might want to consider actually adding some of these as exact match keywords to your account.

Re: Exact Match "No Conversion" and Phrase Match "Good Conversion" from search t

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Let's do one experiment here.

Pull out your search query report & then the performing one put into the exact match into your account & put them in negative in your pharase ad groups. Let monitor the performance. Hope you will get the better results this time.

Robin

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Pavan,

I agree with Steve on this one. I think you are misunderstanding the Search terms report.
In your keywords tab, where do you see conversions coming from?
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

from the "search term report" conversion tab.

--

With Best Regards,
Pavan Kumar Rai

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove an email or mobile footer. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you.