AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Exact Match Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I just made some changes to one of my campaigns and I seem to have a problem.  I changed all of my keyeords to exact match and I am still seeing phrase matched search queries come through.  This is alarming because I am being charged for keywords that I am not trying to target.  Can you look at this and tell me if I am doing something wrong.

Example Keyword:  [necklace parts]

Matched Search Query that someone performed and clicked on clicked on:  heavy duty necklace parts wholesale

When I look at my analytics it tells me that the individual came to my site via a phrase match on the keyword necklace parts.

This is exactly what I am trying to stop.  I thought that adding brackets around my keyword would prevent this?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Jerry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Exact Match Problem

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

1- After you change your keywords, then adwords take few minute ( as I know) to apply the changes.

2- Data show may be older, so wait for fresh data.

3- Is this is not the issue, then you can contact Google Support. 

Also, Do not edit the old keywords, just add new keywords and pause old one. It will help you analyse & compare both match and you can enable them later if required.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

1- After you change your keywords, then adwords take few minute ( as I know) to apply the changes.

2- Data show may be older, so wait for fresh data.

3- Is this is not the issue, then you can contact Google Support. 

Also, Do not edit the old keywords, just add new keywords and pause old one. It will help you analyse & compare both match and you can enable them later if required.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
If you just changed an existing keyword from phrase to exact (instead of pausing phrase and adding exact) and check the search query report using a time period that precedes that change, you´ll see search queries for the old match type as well