AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Every time when I restart the laptop, Adwords Editor's initial settings disappears

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Every time when I restart the laptop, Adwords Editor is like he first time I open it. I have to tick all of the T&C's boxes and reset all my settings 
I have to reload all of the proxy server settings every time. I have to then re-download all the accounts, plus re-import and change all my settings each time. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Every time when I restart the laptop, Adwords Editor's initial settings disappears

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Are you using Windows or Mac?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply, I use Windows, I don't have this issue at home as I don't use proxy at home this only happens to at work. I raised this with out IT team but no joy. Cheers, 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alper S
July

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Editor's settings are stored in

C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Roaming\Google\Google-AdWords-Editor.ini

Account data is stored in various files under

C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Local\Google\Google-AdWords-Editor\<some-number>

where <some-number> depends on the version (278 for Editor 12); larger numbers for later versions, the largest for current version.

Something on your machine is deleting these files; perhaps some kind of corporate policy, accidentally misconfigured or intentionally overzealous. You, or your IT personnel, would need to figure it out. This is all I could help you with, I'm afraid.