AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Every time when I restart the laptop, Adwords Editor's initial settings disappears

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Every time when I restart the laptop, Adwords Editor is like he first time I open it. I have to tick all of the T&C's boxes and reset all my settings 
I have to reload all of the proxy server settings every time. I have to then re-download all the accounts, plus re-import and change all my settings each time. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alper S
July 2017

Every time when I restart the laptop, Adwords Editor's initial settings disappears

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Editor's settings are stored in

C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Roaming\Google\Google-AdWords-Editor.ini

Account data is stored in various files under

C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Local\Google\Google-AdWords-Editor\<some-number>

where <some-number> depends on the version (278 for Editor 12); larger numbers for later versions, the largest for current version.

Something on your machine is deleting these files; perhaps some kind of corporate policy, accidentally misconfigured or intentionally overzealous. You, or your IT personnel, would need to figure it out. This is all I could help you with, I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Are you using Windows or Mac?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply, I use Windows, I don't have this issue at home as I don't use proxy at home this only happens to at work. I raised this with out IT team but no joy. Cheers, 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alper S
July 2017

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Editor's settings are stored in

C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Roaming\Google\Google-AdWords-Editor.ini

Account data is stored in various files under

C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Local\Google\Google-AdWords-Editor\<some-number>

where <some-number> depends on the version (278 for Editor 12); larger numbers for later versions, the largest for current version.

Something on your machine is deleting these files; perhaps some kind of corporate policy, accidentally misconfigured or intentionally overzealous. You, or your IT personnel, would need to figure it out. This is all I could help you with, I'm afraid.