AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ever since upgrading adwords to 11.5.7, I can't import changes from a file, or fHello,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Ever since upgrading adwords to 11.5.7, I can't import changes from a file, or from clipboard.  Anybody else having this issue, and is there a workaround?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ever since upgrading adwords to 11.5.7, I can't import changes from a file, or fHello,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
To clarify, let's say I am importing a new campaign, adgroup, and keyword. I copy/paste from excel the proper data row, into the multiple changes area. I set my column headers as always - all is well. I click "Import" and it hangs at 0%.

If I revert to an older version of editor, it works fine...but once I upgrade to this latest version is breaks again.

Let me know...

Re: Ever since upgrading adwords to 11.5.7, I can't import changes from a file, or fHello,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Anybody? Thanks!

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Could you show an example of the data you are importing, and the way you are setting column headings?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, here you go, here's a quick sample.  Even something as simple as this just sits at "0%"...

shot2.png

And then it just sits in this status and hangs forever after I click "process"... any help would be appreciated!  Thanks, Dan P.S. this all happened after upgrading to the current version...it worked flawlessly before that...

shot.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Igor, just making sure you saw this...let me know if any ideas?

Thanks...

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Downloaded your account, and tried example you gave without issue.

Have you tried with other data combinations (I'm sure you have, but have to ask nonetheless)?

One thing you can try is running with a higher level of logging, and then send us the log file.

Enter the following, including quotes, at a command prompt:

"C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Google\AdWords Editor\11.5.7.0\google_adwords_editor.exe" -loglevel debug

Execute the sequence that causes the hang.

Submit the file C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Google\Google-AdWords-Editor\232\ape.log at:

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/contact/awe_gen

You may get some boilerplate response, which you can ignore. We'll pickup the case soon enough.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much for your time in testing this..it MUST be a local issue on my system. I'm traveling and on an older laptop. I'll try it again when I get home. If I still have issues I'll contact you Thank so much!

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
A similar report surfaced on twitter. It would certainly help if you could supply the log file as instructed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi ApeMan, log file is coming...I'm home to my desktop computer and I'm still having the issue...log file coming shortly...