AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Est. top page bid Vs Max. CPC

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone. Smiley Happy

If I leave things to Auto bidding, Max. CPC shows auto: $10 where Est. top page bid shows $4.50. Am I correct in hoping that I will pay the Est. top page bid?

Many thanks.

Razz.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author razzc
September 2015

Re: Est. top page bid Vs Max. CPC

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there, again;

I find this article to be very useful on the topic:

Getting your ads above Google search results

>>"An ad's position on the page is based on two things: your bid and your Quality Score (together, this is known as Ad Rank). To be eligible for a top spot, your Ad Rank needs to meet a minimum threshold. The minimum Ad Rank required to appear above search results is generally greater than the minimum Ad Rank to appear beside search results"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Yes assuming that your ad is eligible for a top slot in terms of QS (There is threshold  to meet to be eligible for top 3 positions.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate you taking time for us. Smiley Happy

So I will pay Est. top page bid of 4.50? What do you mean by (There is threshold  to meet to be eligible for top 3 positions.)?

Thanks for your support.

Razz

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author razzc
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there, again;

I find this article to be very useful on the topic:

Getting your ads above Google search results

>>"An ad's position on the page is based on two things: your bid and your Quality Score (together, this is known as Ad Rank). To be eligible for a top spot, your Ad Rank needs to meet a minimum threshold. The minimum Ad Rank required to appear above search results is generally greater than the minimum Ad Rank to appear beside search results"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Very useful link. Many thanks. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 10,000 active keywords in all my campaihgs.

How to atomate to insert Mac CPC for each key word to be equal to Est top Page bib ?

I am trying to global chnage to set Max CPC at high $, and google is not changing it.

I am spending a lot of money on google, and must be on the top first page. My kewords are of various quality score, but I am willing to spend more to get to the top.

We are in commercial lighting business.-Thanks

-Andrew

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Neptun L;

Why would you do that?

I wouldn't rely much on estimation;

I would consider the bid per cluster  of keywords  depending on the QS and the average position;

Why do you need that many keywords - I bet 80% of them are not performing well....Smiley Surprised

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi MosheTLV,

I have heard of the term 'cluster' before. What does it mean by bid per cluster?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Razz

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@razzc;

I just tried to avoid the confusion with "groups" (e.g ad-group).

But, executing changes for that many keywords, does require the Adwords editor

razzc wrote:

Hi MosheTLV,

I have heard of the term 'cluster' before. What does it mean by bid per cluster?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Razz