AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Est. top page bid Vs Max. CPC

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone. Smiley Happy

If I leave things to Auto bidding, Max. CPC shows auto: $10 where Est. top page bid shows $4.50. Am I correct in hoping that I will pay the Est. top page bid?

Many thanks.

Razz.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author razzc
September 2015

Re: Est. top page bid Vs Max. CPC

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there, again;

I find this article to be very useful on the topic:

Getting your ads above Google search results

>>"An ad's position on the page is based on two things: your bid and your Quality Score (together, this is known as Ad Rank). To be eligible for a top spot, your Ad Rank needs to meet a minimum threshold. The minimum Ad Rank required to appear above search results is generally greater than the minimum Ad Rank to appear beside search results"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Yes assuming that your ad is eligible for a top slot in terms of QS (There is threshold  to meet to be eligible for top 3 positions.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate you taking time for us. Smiley Happy

So I will pay Est. top page bid of 4.50? What do you mean by (There is threshold  to meet to be eligible for top 3 positions.)?

Thanks for your support.

Razz

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author razzc
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there, again;

I find this article to be very useful on the topic:

Getting your ads above Google search results

>>"An ad's position on the page is based on two things: your bid and your Quality Score (together, this is known as Ad Rank). To be eligible for a top spot, your Ad Rank needs to meet a minimum threshold. The minimum Ad Rank required to appear above search results is generally greater than the minimum Ad Rank to appear beside search results"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Very useful link. Many thanks. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 10,000 active keywords in all my campaihgs.

How to atomate to insert Mac CPC for each key word to be equal to Est top Page bib ?

I am trying to global chnage to set Max CPC at high $, and google is not changing it.

I am spending a lot of money on google, and must be on the top first page. My kewords are of various quality score, but I am willing to spend more to get to the top.

We are in commercial lighting business.-Thanks

-Andrew

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Neptun L;

Why would you do that?

I wouldn't rely much on estimation;

I would consider the bid per cluster  of keywords  depending on the QS and the average position;

Why do you need that many keywords - I bet 80% of them are not performing well....Smiley Surprised

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi MosheTLV,

I have heard of the term 'cluster' before. What does it mean by bid per cluster?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Razz

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@razzc;

I just tried to avoid the confusion with "groups" (e.g ad-group).

But, executing changes for that many keywords, does require the Adwords editor

@razzc wrote:

Hi MosheTLV,

I have heard of the term 'cluster' before. What does it mean by bid per cluster?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Razz