AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Error when setting up MCC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't find the right place to post, but I figured someone here might have an insight. 

For the past week or so I've been unable to set up any MCC accounts, even from different emails. I get an error message of "Sorry, cannot be done" (along those lines). Is there a browser issue here? I'm using Chrome/Firefox and the same issue happens, so I'm pretty sure to exclude that. 

Any advice would and I would be very grateful. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Error when setting up MCC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We ended up resetting our router which gave us a new IP and suddenly it works. We set hundreds of MCCs up in a month, so I guess our IP was masked.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Billy,

I wanted to see if I could help you along here. There are no current issues with Chrome/Firefox, of course IE is not supported. There could be multiple reasons for this error. Firsts clean your cache or cookies, then try. If that doesn't work check your firewall, are you using a company connection a firewall could be preventing communication with Google servers. I have been told that even an outstanding bill on a child account could be the reason. If these don't work I would reach out to support and have them look into your account. Here is the link to creating an account that might help you check the steps to make sure you are not missing anything, you will also find the contact us link if these steps don't resolve your problem.

*Create a My Client Center (MCC) account*
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704399?hl=en

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Billy

If you follow the introduction from above link you should be able to get it done without a problem, But in case problem still not resolved please post a screen shot of this error message we can get a better idea

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Billy,

I agree with all of Spencer's tips.

Just to cover the bases, is your email address a google account? Also, in the age setting, did you put that you were over 16? I noticed a Google moderator mentioned in a separate but similar question that businesses often put the business age, causing AdWords to view them as being too young to have an AdWords account.

Also, the emails must not be tied to an AdWords account already.

If your email says that you are 16+ and isn't already connected to a google account.

Hope this helps!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Billy,

Welcome to the AdWords Community.

As Amy mentioned, are you using a Google account to create the MCC account?. If yes, it ideally should work. To me this certainly seems to be a browser issue. If you've tried everything then for one last time try from a different computer also. 

Also just to add, you can try creating a New MCC TEST Account from this link. The account will only be for TEST Purpose and once you create you'll find a red ribbon which reads TEST account. (Please consider this, if only you are creating a Test MCC account)

https://adwords.google.com/um/Welcome/?sf=mt

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We ended up resetting our router which gave us a new IP and suddenly it works. We set hundreds of MCCs up in a month, so I guess our IP was masked.