AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Error message while creating advert

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am getting the following message white trying to create an advert:

There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a change, it may not have saved. 

Please refresh this page to try again. 

If the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and return to this page.

[ Dismiss ]

I have tried alternative Google account, three different browsers, my mobile phone, incognito mode on Chrome. As far as I know I am not using AdBlock. Any ideas please?
2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You do the followning activity to get rid of the issue

- Refresh the account

- Clear Cookies and cache.

- Try to re-log-in the account.

- Try after sometime

There is no other way to fix issue.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have tried clearing cache, tried three different browsers and my mobile phone, restarted my computer, incognito mode on Chrome. I have not got any AdBlocker plugins running on my computer.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

It could be that you are trying to edit a Standard Text Ad. Google no longer allows editing/creating Standard Text Ads, so instead, you have to make an Expanded Text Ad. I got this error as well when trying to edit a Standard Text Ad. 

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi Olga,

Has this issue been resolved, per Dean's advice or just over time? If not, I'd like to look into this for you.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I'm having the exact same issue. There's a heap of threads about this error and I've tried everything suggested in them... cache and cookie clearing, adblock off, firewall, different browser, incognito mode, multiple log off/log on, multiple restarts, etc. Nothing is working.

In my case the error originates from the keywords section where the 'waiting spinner' is eternally spinning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dean,

In my case the error happened after I removed all the preset keyword suggestions and tried to add my own. Is this what you're referring to? Are we not able to set our own sequence of keywords?

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Ante F, I don't know what you are referring to. The original issue of this thread was not being able to edit a Standard text ad, it didn't relate to keywords. If that is your issue, then you can no longer edit Standard Text ads. Instead, you can create Expanded Text ads for those keywords.

If editing Standard Text ads isn't your issue, then you need to start a new thread and describe your issue with as much detail as possible.