AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Error in posting copy campaign in Adwords editor

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi

I have just download Adwords Editor 10.1.0 and copied a campaign. Although the new (copy) campaign is OK in the Adwords Editor, when I post it to our online Adwords account there is only the new (copy) campaign shell, without any ad groups, keywords and ads!!! Do you have any idea what might be the problem? My campaign is not enhanced. Maybe it has to do with it? Please help!

Thanks

(PS: By the way, the idea of copying the whole campaign is to create slightly different campaigns for different countries without having to import everything one by one.)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Error in posting copy campaign in Adwords editor

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Did the upload operation succeed? On the Ad Groups tab in Editor, do ad groups in this campaign have a plus sign in front of them (indicating that they have been added locally, but haven't been posted)?

Another possibility: these ad groups have a status of Paused, but in the online interface you've chosen to show "All enabled ad groups". There's a drop-down where you can make this selection, right above "New ad group" button.

Re: Error in posting copy campaign in Adwords editor

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. This didn't solve the problem. I' ve copied the campaign manually. If I tried to do it the other way, with this persistent problem in Adwords Editor, I would most possibly need more time to find out what went wrong. Thanks anyway. Hope this "bug" (?) will be fixed in a future version of Adwords Editor.