AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced site links

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

In order for enhanced site links to appear, do the ads with the same landing page URL in the account need a good quality score, high bid, CTR, etc. in order to be used as an enhanced site link? Is it one ad per adgroup or per account that needs to have the same destination URL as the sitelink?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Enhanced site links

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Curious,

Thanks for your post. In order for enhanced sitelinks to appear, your ads need to be in the top positions. This would require your ads and keywords to have a good quality score and CTR and for your keywords to have competitive max CPC bids. This would lead me to believe that the landing page URLs you use in your sitelinks should have a good historical performance in your account.  

You need to have have multiple active ads in your account (not ad group) with the same landing page URLs as your sitelinks. But do note that one ad to match each unique sitelink is the minimum.

I hope this clarifies a few things for you!

Thanks,

Rachel

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Curious,

Welcome to the forum!

Sitelinks will only show when your ad is in a top of page position, not on the side. So, yes, the ad will need a good QS. The idea is to provide alternate links to other pages on your site. I don't think any sitelink needs to have the same destination URL. It is best if the sitelinks point to pages that are not otherwise a destination URL in your campaign.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you, but I was talking about the new feature "Enhanced Sitelinks" that recently has been rolled out by Google. Now you can have like a second ad as a sitelink as opposed to only one line.

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2012/09/enhanced-sitelinks-rolling-out-globally.html

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Curious,

Thanks for your post. In order for enhanced sitelinks to appear, your ads need to be in the top positions. This would require your ads and keywords to have a good quality score and CTR and for your keywords to have competitive max CPC bids. This would lead me to believe that the landing page URLs you use in your sitelinks should have a good historical performance in your account.  

You need to have have multiple active ads in your account (not ad group) with the same landing page URLs as your sitelinks. But do note that one ad to match each unique sitelink is the minimum.

I hope this clarifies a few things for you!

Thanks,

Rachel

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rachel,

I am wondering though how it works if I have only one ad with a matching destination URL in the whole account because in my account I have multiple campaigns in different languages with different sitelinks. Does google search through the whole account to find one ad that matches the destination URL to display enhanced sitelinks?

Thank you!

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Curious,

If you have regular sitelinks in a campaign and you're account also contains active ads closely related to these sitelinks, enhanced sitelinks may appear. As far as I'm aware the active, similar ads can be in any campaign in the account.

You do need to have 6-10 sitelinks in a campaign (each with a unique landing page) and have multiple ads within your account with the same landing page URL as your sitelink (one ad is the bare minimum). 

I hope this helps!

Rachel 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rachel,

In reference to the below statement does the Ad in the account which needs to match the landing page URL of Sitelinks need to be enabled? -i.e. in an enabled camapign in the account?

Thanks

"You do need to have 6-10 sitelinks in a campaign (each with a unique landing page) and have multiple ads within your account with the same landing page URL as your sitelink (one ad is the bare minimum)".