AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced campaigns - can you vary tablet bid?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

When upgrading to enhanced campaigns Adwords allows you to set the bid % for mobile, but seems to class Desktop and Tablet as one and the same. Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust tablet bids?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Enhanced campaigns - can you vary tablet bid?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michael and welcome to the Community.

At the time of writing it's not possible to alter tablet bids specifically.  It's a good idea therefore to make sure your website is "tablet friendly", not only for AdWords but also for organic visits as tablet usage continues to increase over time.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michael and welcome to the Community.

At the time of writing it's not possible to alter tablet bids specifically.  It's a good idea therefore to make sure your website is "tablet friendly", not only for AdWords but also for organic visits as tablet usage continues to increase over time.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Jon.

That's a shame as although our site is optimised for and tested on tablets there is still a (albeit small) difference in conversion rate and AOV against desktop. Would like to get that level of control back if anyone from Google is listening, and it's not just me who feels this way?!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

It's really a shame from Google... I'm losing money on tablet clicks. I'm advertising a website that is made only for desktop, it has features that don't work on tablets, so I don't want to advertise on tablets! Why I have to advertise on tablets if I don't want?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I find it amazing that there is still no solution to modify tablet bids. After Google has been telling us for so long about multi-screen targeting and how users from each device behaves differently, they go ahead and roll up desktop and tablet into one. I know that when i report by device segment i can see CPA's 3-4 times higher for tablet and there is no way to maximise cost efficiency on this device as i can't risk reducing bids due to the volume of conversions that come through on desktop. I'm no developer but surely adding a tablet bid modifier for tablet is not a huge task considering the resource Google has at its disposal.

Does anyone have an idea of whether this feature is in the pipeline?

Dave

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm throwing out $500 monthly Smiley Sad
tablet.jpg