AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced campaigns bid adjustment vs first page bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Imagine you hava a keyword where max_cpc = $1, mobile bid adjustment = 130% and fpb = $1.2. Is the keyword below or above the fpb for mobiles?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Enhanced campaigns bid adjustment vs first page bid

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Mateusz M wrote:

Imagine you hava a keyword where max_cpc = $1, mobile bid adjustment = 130% and fpb = $1.2. Is the keyword below or above the fpb for mobiles?

As per your statement, for mobiles your keyword max CPC bid would be $1.3 because you are setting at at 130% of the original bid i.e. $1. And on top of that FPD is $1.2, so that means your keyword might be eligible for first page ad results on Google.

I would suggest you to read this article on bid adjustments to know about other permutations and combinations available under ECs: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2732132?ctx=tltp

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Mateusz M wrote:

As per your statement, for mobiles your keyword max CPC bid would be $1.3 because you are setting at at 130% of the original bid i.e. $1. And on top of that FPD is $1.2, so that means your keyword might be eligible for first page ad results on Google.

I would suggest you to read this article on bid adjustments to know about other permutations and combinations available under ECs: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2732132?ctx=tltp

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

A small adition to this topic , you did not specify if it is + or - adjustment by "increase" or "decrease", and using +130% actualy means [1$ + (1 $ x 1.3 ) ] = 2.3 $ so you would be way over the first page bid. However I think that bids for mobile are not displayed in the adwords statistics panel, because I always got lower prices for bidding on mobile since competition was lower.

Not many people have websites optimized for mobile ( not tablets which render desktop versions of the site) , therefore they use the -100% bid adjustment for mobile.

Maybe you meant "increase" =+30 % for mobile.

My 2 cents x (-100% bid adjustment) Smiley Happy