AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced campaigns bid adjustment vs first page bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Imagine you hava a keyword where max_cpc = $1, mobile bid adjustment = 130% and fpb = $1.2. Is the keyword below or above the fpb for mobiles?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Enhanced campaigns bid adjustment vs first page bid

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

@Mateusz M wrote:

Imagine you hava a keyword where max_cpc = $1, mobile bid adjustment = 130% and fpb = $1.2. Is the keyword below or above the fpb for mobiles?

As per your statement, for mobiles your keyword max CPC bid would be $1.3 because you are setting at at 130% of the original bid i.e. $1. And on top of that FPD is $1.2, so that means your keyword might be eligible for first page ad results on Google.

I would suggest you to read this article on bid adjustments to know about other permutations and combinations available under ECs: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2732132?ctx=tltp

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

@Mateusz M wrote:

As per your statement, for mobiles your keyword max CPC bid would be $1.3 because you are setting at at 130% of the original bid i.e. $1. And on top of that FPD is $1.2, so that means your keyword might be eligible for first page ad results on Google.

I would suggest you to read this article on bid adjustments to know about other permutations and combinations available under ECs: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2732132?ctx=tltp

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

A small adition to this topic , you did not specify if it is + or - adjustment by "increase" or "decrease", and using +130% actualy means [1$ + (1 $ x 1.3 ) ] = 2.3 $ so you would be way over the first page bid. However I think that bids for mobile are not displayed in the adwords statistics panel, because I always got lower prices for bidding on mobile since competition was lower.

Not many people have websites optimized for mobile ( not tablets which render desktop versions of the site) , therefore they use the -100% bid adjustment for mobile.

Maybe you meant "increase" =+30 % for mobile.

My 2 cents x (-100% bid adjustment) Smiley Happy