AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Sitelinks for the Multi Lingual Website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, my company runs a multilingual campaigns globally.

We use the same sitelink texts for different campaigns if the target language and the landing page is the same (e.g. we use the same sitelinks for both Chile and Spain). We also use the same URL but we track them with additional tracking codes to monitor data by country from the third party's website separately.

However, a new enchanced sitelink system only allows us to see a Link Text on the Ad extensions tab, and therefore we are unable to differentiate unless we check each URL. We are struggling with this because it does not only take time to review each one of them, but also really difficult to cope with different languages that we are not too familiar (such as Arabic).

Could you give me an idea how to get around this? Ideally if there is an "invisible to customers" campaign / ad group differentiating section we can add (something like "comments" section on Editor), that would be great.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Enhanced Sitelinks for the Multi Lingual Website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

I can see Sitelinks per campaign if I select All online campaigns, then click the Ad Extensions tab, select Sitelinks extensions, filter by "Upgraded" and then add the "Campaign" column.

Can you try the same and see if it works?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords editor can manage sitelinks and allows comments for every element.

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/1211151?hl=en

Maybe you can use it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, thanks for your replies. 

I might have been unclear about what I meant. I would like to differentiate sitelinks by campaign (or adgroup) whilst editing.

"Not upgraded" version lets me to see sitelinks by each campaign while editing because you can edit by campaign, but "upgraded" version doesn't (All sitelinks are listed together).
We mass produce sitelinks by language, and when we want to switch some sitelinks by campaign, the upgraded sitelink makes it difficult because we cannot see instantly which campaign contain which sitelinks by just looking at sitelinks' names  when target language is the same.

Also, Enhanced Sitelinks don't seem to be available on Editor yet (I cannot see upgraded sitelinks on my editor). 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Did you try to add the Campaign column in the Ad Extensions tab? But be aware of the fact that if you have several campaigns using the same sitelink, editing it once will edit it everywhere.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Calin. Thanks for your reply again.

Where I would like to see the campaign name difference is the section called "Sitelink extension settings" which is in the second part on the Ad extensions tab (I think your advice is applicable for the overview, which is in the first part of the tab but from the part, sitelinks are not editable). Currently I can only edit from "Sitelink extension settings" and when I want to switch off & on sitelinks I cannot see the differentiation by campaign.

We use the same sitelink but would like to keep the tracking codes different by country, so keeping same sitelink name (with different URL) seems to be working so far.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Well, if I go to Sitelink extensions settings, and I add the campaign column, I can see the sitelinks on the left and the campaign name on the right.

Of course, if I start out with the same extensions for two campaigns, editing one instance will edit them on all campaigns, and this is not what you want.

But if you go to one campaign's extensions (one row), and choose copy and edit, and then delete the original and keep the copy, you can edit the copied extensions in campaign B without affecting the original in campaign A.

There is a bit of work though.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I can see campaign names and sitelink names together from the overview on top but not from the edit section.

I somehow cannot attach the image to explain but it's all about "edit sitelink extension" section from ad sitelink tab.

On Edit Sitelink Extension section, there are two sections; "Sitelinks (left)" and "Selected sitelinks (right)". I can just disselect the sitelink from the right, but I cannot delete them from the left (so there is another problem that I cannot make a mistake). What I need to do is to choose the sitelink from the left, but because we have sitelinks that contain same names with different URL, it makes me difficult to differentiate which is which. Even if I go to the campaign A, I still can see the campaign B's sitelink names from the left so until I check URL one by one, I cannot see instantly which sitelink relates to which campaing -  that's the problem I am talking about.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Oh yeah!

I finally understand what you mean. Indeed, it's quite frustrating.

Calin

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Friday07, if you hover over the little "bubble" to the left of the sitelink in the "Select" side, it'll show you the URL, does this help?

I'll admit I myself would like some better tools for managing sitelinks...

J

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits