AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Campaigns: Migrate vs Create New Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm in the process of testing enhanced campaigns. Knowing that everything will be updated anyway, I was wondering if it's better to just create brand new campaigns compared to merging old ones? I'm concerned about losing granular data during the merging process. Can anyone say what exactly happens to 2 merged campaigns? Will it even show up at all in the campaigns column if I just pause legacy campaigns for future reference? Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Enhanced Campaigns: Migrate vs Create New Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Angelomvd,

Welcome to the community..!

If you create a new campaign by pausing/deleting the other campaigns, then you are going to lose the history/quality score of both/all the campaigns.

During merging you are going to retain the history/quality score of the campaign that you retain. (That is the reason Google is advocating merging – not creating new campaigns). So it is better to retain the campaign with longest history and highest spend.

The upgrade guide states - the Quality Scores of keywords in merged campaigns will reflect an average of their Quality Scores in the original campaigns weighted by the search volume in each.

You will not lose previous data after upgrading the campaign. But it will be completely different from the day you upgrade your campaign.

Please study (don't just read) the upgrade guide before updrading your campaigns.