AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Empty remarketing lists?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I have a really strange issue with one of the accounts I manage.

So ..I set up remarketing tag, deploy it through GTM, (use preview mode- tag is active.) Than I created some simple rules like "url contain" whole domain to get all visitors as well as some specific pages where I send traffic through regular search Adwords campaigns (so for sure there is traffic to those pages, as well as I have clicks in AdWords.) ..and my lists are empty. I talk with google implementation team and they conform that tag is implemented correctly.

Any ideas what may be the reason? 

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexander V
April 2016

Re: Empty remarketing lists?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi All,

Just to thanks for your support. I fixed the problem. As I supposed it was in AdWords. Just to clarify for some other that may fall in that situation, when you use Account Manger Remarketing Lists and Account Remarketing Lists the default option is "Account Manger" when you creating new lists , but if you use particular Remrketing tag for some account you should choose "Your Account" from Tag Source drop down menu.

10x for your time and support

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I am sure, problem is into your setting. have you fired rules in GTM?
You can simply collect audiences into your Adwords account.

Regards,
Virendra

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Alex,

Check if you have placed the GTM code properly on your website without any error.

Robin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, It maybe some settings, but I think that the problem is not in GTM. I used standard remarketing tag implementation of "All Pages" and as I said I checked with several pages on preview mode , and the tag is fired. Also I have confirmation form google tag implementation team that remraketing tag is implemented correctly. From my point of view the problem is somewhere in AdWords. But I can't figure it out.

Cheers

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Is your "All Visitors" list empty as well, or just the custom rules that you set up? If they are all empty, then it's probably on the implementation side. If it's just your custom lists, then check to see if you've made them too restrictive. For example, if you're using two or more pages with "url contains" with the logical "AND", then perhaps not enough people, or even no one, is visiting that specific combination of pages, and therefore not getting in your audience list.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexander V
April 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi All,

Just to thanks for your support. I fixed the problem. As I supposed it was in AdWords. Just to clarify for some other that may fall in that situation, when you use Account Manger Remarketing Lists and Account Remarketing Lists the default option is "Account Manger" when you creating new lists , but if you use particular Remrketing tag for some account you should choose "Your Account" from Tag Source drop down menu.

10x for your time and support

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Good to hear and appreciate you posted the replay yourself to let others informed.. Feels good to be in this community..

Empty remarketing lists?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there! I'm having the same problem, but, I don't understand how you solved it? Were you in the old AdWords or new adwords? I don't see a Tag Source drop down menu in AdWords. Any help would be amazing, thank you.