AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Email targeting- customer match not serving ads for search and display eligible email list

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created a search only campaign to target users with the customer-match targeting users by email.

1. I have uploaded the email list list and I have around 1,100

2. Created the campaign, did the re-marketing setting and targeted to this particular customer list. with bid and target option being selected.

3. Getting 0 impressions

4. Google support rep had asked me to do a do a search only campaign so changed from search and display to Search only campaign.

5. Also asked to add few keywords, added broad keywords, Impressions came that were from the keywords and not email list audience.

Is it necessary to add keywords if I'm targeting a customer-match audience?

Post this I saw in audience section number increased to1100 active users for Display property and youtube property in shared library. So decided to do separate campaign for Display only and Search plus display select with similar audience setting.

Still no impression on all 3 campaigns.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Re: Email targeting- customer match not serving ads for search and display eligible email list

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
At the present time, Customer Match Lists are not eligible for the Display Network. It may be used on Google properties, which includes Search, Gmail, and Youtube.

I haven't used it with Gmail and Youtube, so I can't speak to those, but to use it with Search, you have to have keywords. Search ads cannot be shown otherwise, but if you are using "Target and Bid" then your ads will only be shown to users on your email list (when they are also searching the appropriate keywords).

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Re: Email targeting- customer match not serving ads for search and display eligible email list

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
At the present time, Customer Match Lists are not eligible for the Display Network. It may be used on Google properties, which includes Search, Gmail, and Youtube.

I haven't used it with Gmail and Youtube, so I can't speak to those, but to use it with Search, you have to have keywords. Search ads cannot be shown otherwise, but if you are using "Target and Bid" then your ads will only be shown to users on your email list (when they are also searching the appropriate keywords).