AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Editor recognising mobile ads as duplicates to Desktop/Tablet Ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

When i create ads for an adgroup i need to add different URL strings to the mobile and desktop/tablet ads for internal tracking purposes.  Therefore i have a URL builder which i then import into Editor.

Although when i import the mobile and desktop/tablet ads the mobile ads are recognised as duplicates.  The destination URL's are different, the display URL's are different and the device preference is different and it still recognises them as duplicates.  

To get around it i have to make a slight change to the mobile ads, whether it is adding a full stop or an exclamation mark so Editor recognises it as a different ad.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Dave

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave M
September 2015

Re: Editor recognising mobile ads as duplicates to Desktop/Tablet Ads

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

This preference allows one to choose whether Editor should consider display and/or destination URLs when matching up CSV rows to actual ads in the account.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave M
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

This preference allows one to choose whether Editor should consider display and/or destination URLs when matching up CSV rows to actual ads in the account.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for the advice. Very helpful.