AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Editor 11 - Having to sign in repeatedly?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is getting ridiculous... 

I'm not sure what you consider a "Lot" of accounts to manage.. but I'm taking care of about 200. I was okay with Editor 10. But the new one is requiring a lot of unnecessary steps to do the same thing.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO SIGN IN DURING ONE SESSION???

Seriously!! Having to type in the UN and PW 20+ times to make account adjustments is beyond ridiculous. 

So to save time in the future, I decided to down load all of the accounts so that they are on the Account page to select from.. then I just hit "Get Recent Changes".

This was working out a little better, but today instead of 200 accounts in the list to choose from, I only have 16! WTH??

I was trying to be patient and get a rhythm, but this is sucking the life out of me and it is suppose to make my life easier.

Please stop fixing things that are NOT BROKEN. 

NOW for solutions to real problems:

1. Have a session time out... 1 hour... 6 hours... 12 hours... Whatever! Make it an option. But have it so that it remembers UN & PW during the session.
  2. I like downloading multiple account but why only 5? If you can do more than one, let us do all that we have access to.
  3. I like the Find option always up, but don't make us have to delete what is there and retype it to search again... Simply clicking and hit enter would be fine.
  4. Make a feature that allows you to search for a word and replace it with a new word like most text editors do.
  5. Don't change things for the sake of changing them. 

James

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Editor 11 - Having to sign in repeatedly?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi James,
First of all, I totally feel your frustration. Not with your main issue, but with some of your proposed solutions.

I manage a large number of accounts and I don't have to log in constantly. Well, every 30 days. I'm not sure if this is a general issue, an issue on your end or because I use 2FA to login. Maybe it's something you could try? It's a pain to get started with but once you get used to it, it's fine.

Regarding downloading only 5 accounts at a time. I feel you, it's something I've been complaining about since release.

Having to delete the search term from the find box absolute drove me nuts, however, when filtering down, it makes it easier. I think that's by design and I don't think it's going to go away. It's useful when it's needed.

There actually IS a search and replace, it's just in the context menu, not the search menu (although I agree, it should be in both).

I don't think we've seen the last of the improvements to AWE. It's come a long way and I'm sure some of these issues are being worked on.

Re: Editor 11 - Having to sign in repeatedly?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave... It's my personal rule not to complain unless I can offer a solution or alternative. I will look into 2FA and the Search and Replace.