AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Editing existing ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been using my adwords account for months and it's worked well. Recently i decided to expand the geographic radius and it gives me the followring message when i try to save it: 

This campaign and its contents cannot be modified in AdWords.

As i looked in to further changes, including extending the expiration date of the ad, which will expire in two days, it turns out I can't make any changes at all.  I'm the administrator and always have been so it can't be a matter of editing authority.

I sent two messages to support and received no reply. searched the forums to see if anyone else has this problem and can't seem to find any.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Very frustrated,
Tom
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Editing existing ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tom,

It looks like you are trying to make changes in your Adwords express account from inside the regular Adwords account, which is actually not possible. You will have to login under your Adwords express and then make the changes which are restricted to certain level.

For more details, look at this reference.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tom,

It looks like you are trying to make changes in your Adwords express account from inside the regular Adwords account, which is actually not possible. You will have to login under your Adwords express and then make the changes which are restricted to certain level.

For more details, look at this reference.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Tom,

Pankaj is spot on. It sounds like you are trying to edit your AdWords Express campain via the AdWords interface. To make edits to this campaign you will need to visit & login to the AdWords Express dashboard.

However, edits that you are able to make are limited. You can update ad text, categories that you are opted into as well as monthly budgets. You cannot edit keywords, however you can provide feedback on the keywords that Google is using via this form.

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks so much but i'm still struggling. Strange because it's alwasy been a breeze.

I have never used an express account- always been able to modify my ads previously without difficult. You can see by the url below that i'm in adwords not express.

https://adwords.google.com/cm/CampaignMgmt?__u=

I guess i might have to just delete the ad and create a new one.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning, camotom  -

I hate to sound disbelieving, but are you certain that the campaign you're trying to edit is not an AdWords Express campaign instead of a regular one?  I've never heard of anyone gettng this particular message who wasn't trying to edit an Express campaign from inside the regular AdWords interface. (You're able to view the performance of an AdWords Express campaign in the regular AdWords UI, but not to make any changes to it.)

Did you create this account in the AdWords UI?

Have you been managing and editing this campaign from inside the AdWords UI? (That is, making changes to it.)

Please confirm, and I'll see if I can find someone who might know what's going on!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes i was in the Adwords ui. I was going to snip and paste it so you could see it but couldn't make that happen. I just went in and created a new ad with the changes I needed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you get this resolved? I now have the same problem; AdWords Express ad has expired but I am unable to change the expiration date!!! Please reply. Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to pause my campaigns but it gives me the same message that they cannot be edited in AdWords.  I then logged into Adwords Express but this got me nowhere.  All it does is prompt me to create an ad for my business.  I have been trying to 3 days to pause my ads but haven't gotten anywhere. I thought this was supposed to be simple. What do I need to do?