AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Edit How Location Extension Shows?

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

I'm trying to figure out a way to change the way the location extension shows.  

In this screenshot, you'll see the business name of the ad that shows up right above the local 3-pack includes "private investigator nyc".  This is not a part of the business name on their listing live on Google.

https://seo-serp-screenshots.s3.amazonaws.com/prod/2018/06/07/04/43e041f2f8607bc65d14d9d396ca8ce85aa...

Is there a way to influence what shows up as the business name or change it?  I'm not sure how this guy is able to do it.  I find there is often a review-lag so that explains why the ad shows 9 reviews when he only has 8.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual
2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@JoyHawkins

Hello. There is no option to manipulate the data other than the phone number for tracking purposes. I agree you are seeing lag, most likely from a previous spammy title. I can find external citations using that title shown.  I've found that the lag can last for weeks, perhaps longer. I'm waiting on reviews for one of mine to catch up that's at 3 weeks now.

Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Thanks David!  I will let you know in a few weeks if it's still there.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual