AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Edit Existing Remarketing List Rule

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

We've updated our payment flow URLs and with my remarketing lists being built on URL rules I need to update all my lists as well.

My questions is when I go into my existing list and edit the rule criteria (i.e. change the URL conditions) does this affect the existing users on the list or only new users joining the list from that point on?

i.e. will I loose all the cookies on the list I have now if they don't match the new URL criteria?

Thanks,

Matt

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt L
July 2016

Re: Edit Existing Remarketing List Rule

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Matt,

This will only affect new users joining the list. If you change the audience conditions after a list has already accumulated some cookies, the new conditions are applied only to cookies that are added to the list after this change. Won't lose the cookies.

Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt L
July 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Matt,

This will only affect new users joining the list. If you change the audience conditions after a list has already accumulated some cookies, the new conditions are applied only to cookies that are added to the list after this change. Won't lose the cookies.

Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Fantastic - thanks for your quick response Jim!