AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamically generated Exit Event + URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

This is my first question aorund here, hope someone has had experience with this kind of problem,

I have a banner that is more like a widget: you can enter a city, it brings up search suggestions after you type the first 2 letters, say you choose "Rome", you can set a check-in and a check-out date, and a room type, and when you press Search or enter, a javascript function generates a URL which contains all these settings. The generated URL correctly redirects to my website, to Rome, with checkin and out + room type chosen, so it works flawlessly in browsers. The banner was partly created in Google Web Designer and mostly hand-coded.

My problem is that whichever network I'd try, for example GDN, my dynamically generated URL is being obverwritten by the first URL with a valid clickTag. I can't of course generate all possible URLs (thousands) and their clickTags. However I would try, the networks just overwrite the exit URL.

Is it possible to use dynamically generated URLs? Or do all the networks want to have a clear list of all my exit URLs (like CDN, for example), so dynamic URL generation is not allowed?

Thanks in advance!

Matyas

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamically generated Exit Event + URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Matyas. In AdWors, one can only have ONE exit URL: https://support.google.com/webdesigner/answer/4450409

"timer and multiple exits are not supported." Not even for the components available in GWD, such as image carousels.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.