AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic search ads - auto targets not updating

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've set up a dynamic search ads campaign recently and it seems that the auto-targets are full of out of date urls. Even though it has been about a month since the website has been updated, that urls currently redirect to the homepage, the sample urls shown there continue to be the same.Moreover, I guess that due to this, the ads are not receiving any impressions no matter the CPC bid amount.

The Google organic search index contains the up to date pages. I tried creating a new campaign with similar settings, but still the same problem.

Any ideas why this happens?

The website is https://www.dolcemonti.ro

I've also set up a dynamic search ads campaign for a website hosted on a server located on another continent, and there, the auto targets index shows only two sample urls, although the website has hundreds of pages and I chose the "all weboages target".

adwords-problem.png

For this one, the auto-targets coverage is "100.00%" but it seems to contain only 2 urls, even though the organic search index contains more than 2500 pages.

Any idea what is causing these problems?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Dynamic search ads - auto targets not updating

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bogdan-Florin F,

As you already know DSA depends on Google's organic search index, it lists only the URLs which are there in the organic index for the site. Make sure if your URLs were updated recently, they have proper 301 redirects set up. If you do not set the 301 redirects, the old URLs will still be in the index and that's how they will be available for DSA targets as well. 

To your second question, the sample shows only a few URLs. But it does not mean only those URLs are available for targeting. If you target coverage says 100%, it means all your URLs are available for the target. Once your ads start triggering and getting clicked, you can check the report for all URLs which appeared for the ads. 

--

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.