AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic search ads & ETA

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

it will be end of classic ads and will be only expanded text ads. I have dynamic search campaigns with classic 25-35-35 characters. When I want to edit other ads in adwords interface I can change to ETA. DSA I can not change to ETA. In DSA I have dynamically generated headline.

What will happen when support ends?  

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Dynamic search ads & ETA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Tomas M;

Yes. 

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Announcements/Transition-to-Expanded-Text-Ads-by-J...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Dynamic search ads & ETA

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV thanks for reply. When I try to create new or copy of current ads I can edit on two description lines with 35 characters.

So, let's see in February what's happen. 

BTW sitelinks will have the same count as now(25-35-35)?

Dynamic search ads & ETA

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I am not aware of any coming changes  as to sitelinks

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomas M
January 2017

Dynamic search ads & ETA

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Dynamic Search Ads are not "Text Ads". Expanded Text Ads are not "Text Ads"... Google has never been great with their definitions and nomenclature, but these recent changes have made things even more confusing.

So, unless Dynamic Search Ads change to something else, like Expanded Dynamic Search Ads (?) according to the Google documentation, then they are still just standard/old/normal Dynamic Search Ads. So, it doesn't appear as though anything is/can/will change for DSA anytime soon, unless there is another announcement which specifically states "Dynamic Search Ads" are changing.

Although, I have seen some evidence lately that image/ad gallery ads may be discontinued in favor of "Responsive Ads", which more closely fit the Expanded Text Ads format, and have fewer variables in regards to image sizes. Display URL's also seem to be getting fazed out in favor of "Business Name" (But, there are so few characters for business name, it actually doesn't work) in these new ad types. So, maybe keep an eye out for some big changes to display ads, and definitely get ahead of the curve with trying to figure out how to use responsive ads just in case. Smiley Happy

Tom

Dynamic search ads & ETA

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Good point by @tomhalejr;

My understanding is that all search ads are transformed.

And actually, when I search for hotel rooms (no question use DSA) I see expanded text.

I'll check;

Dynamic search ads & ETA

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

That's the reason of my question. I do not see any information about change DSA to expanded text ads.

Dynamic search ads & ETA

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Tomas M; @tomhalejr;

Google replied that the transition of DSA to expanded format is NOT included on the 31 Jan.

Indeed, there is a confusion: because the DSA transition to  expanded format ("EDSA") is on the road map and will roll out gradually in the coming months.

The documentation and social media channels will amend the communication on this point.