AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic remarketing ad review: No feed items available for preview

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I created my first dynamic remarketing ad and used data feed from the Business Data section but I am not able to see the ad review. The message is "No feed items available for preview. You can still save your ads now and check your feed later. Your ads will not appear until you have items in your feed."

For context:

- Product details were uploaded as a "Dynamic display ad feed (Custom)" under Business Data and all were approved.

Image URLs are correct, already checked

- Dynamic ad settings:

Business type: Other (custom option), Feed: ProductList | ID: xxxx

Please let me know if I'm missing something or did anything wrong.

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thuy N
September 2015

Re: Dynamic remarketing ad review: No feed items available for preview

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
One thing you should check is which columns are filled in your feed (Item title, Item subtitle, Item description) and which ones you are using in your ad (when you edit your dynamic ad in Ad Gallery, expand the "More options" section under "Feed")
If your ad is setup to use columns that have not been filled with data, the preview won't work.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Nisal L (Rising Star)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 12
Google Employee
Nisal: can you give more details? is the preview not working? the campaign not serving? was it working before?

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Thuy

If you have created the custom feed file correctly and uploaded the correct feed file ID when creating the campaign you should be able to see the ad previews with all other details.

Try creating another test campaign using the same feed file to check whether its working
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thuy N
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
One thing you should check is which columns are filled in your feed (Item title, Item subtitle, Item description) and which ones you are using in your ad (when you edit your dynamic ad in Ad Gallery, expand the "More options" section under "Feed")
If your ad is setup to use columns that have not been filled with data, the preview won't work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Maxime, thank you for your direction. You pointed out exactly the problem. I expanded the "More options" and saw the "Item name" currently used "Item headline" which is not in my feed data. I want to select a "Item title" instead but it was not listed in the dropdown. The dropdown have 2 rows "Item headline" & "Item sub headline" only. Should I change the column name in my data feed template from "Item title" to "Item headline"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Nisal. I'll try.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Ok this is weird. just now I realized one of the custom dynamic re-marketing campaign I was running for last few weeks shows me the same error msg!

Capture.JPG

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
I'm looking into this issue, I'll update this thread once I know more.
No need to touch your ads/feed for now.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Thanks. I created another sample feed file to doublecheck and it gives me the same issue. Let me know once u have more information

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
Can you check now? I think it was fixed.

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Hi Maxime

Sorry but I'm Still having the same problem. Campaigns are not running :/