AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic remarketing: Users view product that doesn't in product feed

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In dynamic remarkeitng, what happen when the visitors view on a product page but that product page(ID) does not have in product feed(Business data > Custom Feed)?

1. The dynamic ads will not show to that visitors.

2. The dynamic ads will still show to that visitors, but with other recommended products.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phuttitorn P
February 2016

Re: Dynamic remarketing: Users view product that doesn't in product fe

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Phuttitorn,

The answer is #1

In the past, visitors likely would have seen related productsin the dynamic remarketing ads based on the Google Product Recommendation engine (http://services.google.com/fh/files/blogs/os-gdn-recommendation-engine.pdf). However, this was leading to an increased amount of poor performing traffic so the feature was essentially disabled.

Now, if the user only views products on your site that aren't in the product feed then they will not see any dynamic remarketing ads. If the user views additional products that are in your product feed then they will see only those products.
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phuttitorn P
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Phuttitorn,

The answer is #1

In the past, visitors likely would have seen related productsin the dynamic remarketing ads based on the Google Product Recommendation engine (http://services.google.com/fh/files/blogs/os-gdn-recommendation-engine.pdf). However, this was leading to an increased amount of poor performing traffic so the feature was essentially disabled.

Now, if the user only views products on your site that aren't in the product feed then they will not see any dynamic remarketing ads. If the user views additional products that are in your product feed then they will see only those products.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Phuttitorn,

It depends on how your Campaigns are setup.  

How are your Remarketing Lists set up?  If you're not set up to target all visitors, and do not have Ads created for all visitors then your Ads would not display to this user.  However, if you have created Ads for all visitors to your site and are targeting all visitors to your site in your Campaign Settings, then you could show Ads to this visitor.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@JimVaillancourt

Thank you very much for your answer. This is what Google's support told me too, but your answer explain more clearly.

BTW, I have another question. What is the solution to show the ads to those users that view products on my site but that product pages(IDs) are not in my product feed?

*below are the same remarketing list.

Solution #1 - Creating 2 remarketing campaigns, one for standard remarketing and one for dynamic remarketing:
1. Standard remarketing campaign -> to show the ads to those users that view products on my site but that product pages(IDs) are not in my product feed.
2. Dynamic remarketing campaign -> to show the dynamic remarketing ads.

Solution #2 - Creating a dynamic remarketing campaign with 2 ad groups, one for dynamic ads and one for static image ads

A dynamic remarketing campaign with:

- Dynamic ads ad group -> to show the dynamic remarketing ads.

- Static image ads ad group -> to show the static image ads to those users that view products on my site but that product pages(IDs) are not in my product feed.

*Based on you previous answer, the Solution #2 will not work.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Phuttitorn,

Sorry on the slow response. I would go with solution #1 (great idea) as separating campaigns give you more control over budgeting, targeting and bid strategies.

One word of caution is to ensure that the effective bids in the dynamic remarketing campaign are higher than the effective bids in the standard remarketing campaign. If the standard remarketing campaign had higher bids then everyone would see generic, non-dynamic ads even if they had viewed products in the product feed. I would also make sure to use the same audiences in both campaigns as there could be unintended consequences if using different date ranges or other audience criteria.

-Jim

Re: Dynamic remarketing: Users view product that doesn't in product feed

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi JimVaillancourt,

Thank you again for your answer.

The best practice for dynamic ads is to have all the products in product feed.

But if it cannot, the Solution#1 is the answer. This is not the best one cause it has to split the budget from dynamic ads campaign to standard remarketing campaign. But it will help to capture the missing audiences for those who cannot see on dynamic ads.

-Torn