AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic display ads with regular remarketing lists

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I was wondering if I can target my regular remarketing lists (no dynamic attributes) or the lovely "similar to" lists with dynamic display ads or would this simply cause 0 impressions? 

The question here is basically if AdWords chooses maybe the top 5 products out of my feed or even the products that are most relevant to the audiences or if it needs dynamic remarketing lists for hist. 

Any answer is helpful,

cheers! 

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sebastian F
September 2015

Re: Dynamic display ads with regular remarketing lists

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Sebastian F,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

The simple answer is - you need Dynamic Remarketing Tag to be installed on your website before getting to use Dynamic Display Ads. 

Why? Dynamic Display Ads depend on custom parameters passed on with the Dynamic Remarketing code on your pages. Ads are served according to the audience data collected through these custom parameters. If the custom parameters are not passed on pages, dynamic ads won't serve at all. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sebastian F
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Sebastian F,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

The simple answer is - you need Dynamic Remarketing Tag to be installed on your website before getting to use Dynamic Display Ads. 

Why? Dynamic Display Ads depend on custom parameters passed on with the Dynamic Remarketing code on your pages. Ads are served according to the audience data collected through these custom parameters. If the custom parameters are not passed on pages, dynamic ads won't serve at all. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the answer, Ratan Jha. That was really quick and helpful!!

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Actually dynamic ads can serve with similar audience lists or even keyword contextual targeting. In these cases, the recommendation engine uses other signals (context of the page, popular items, etc...).
Don't expect the same kind of performance than dynamic remarketing campaigns but it can work reasonably well, you can try it and see what you think.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

So if I understand well, I can create a Dynamic ads (Education Image Ads for example) for a Display Campagin. Without Remarketing..

I find that the design of the Ad is great, with a list of your products and I would like to offer it in my Display campaign.

Would work?

Thanks

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This older thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.