AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic ads for prospecting

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

The question I have about Google Dynamic banners is as follows:

I want to create banners based on a product feed for a car dealership. What targeting options would I need to choose in Adwords to make a dynamic campaign for prospecting purposes?

I want to target people who are currently looking for cars based on the brand they are looking for. Instead of creating 10 different banners for every car brand, I would like to create one dynamic banner that displays a relevant car based on previous search.

What targeting options should I use to set up such a prospecting campaign. 

Thank you for the help! 

Edit: I'm strictly looking for targeting and not re-targeting. I would like to be able to prospect potential customers with contextual targeting, like you would with search but then with dynamic content in my banner, based on i.e. geolocation, demographics and such.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Tim F

Dynamic remarketing is based off pages your visitors browse. It's designed to show them specific products they've viewed. You'd need to create a product feed, upload it to Merchant Center, and then link that to your Adwords account.  More details on that here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3124536?hl=en

You might find that this will be quite a bit of work compared to creating 10 unique banners.  You can create custom lists in Adwords remarketing based on the pages or even sections people visit on your website.  I'll illustrate an example, but it's really dependent on your website's architecture.

If you have a category for every brand such as yourdealership.com/honda, you could create a list for everyone who visits each category. Then create an appropriate banner ad for each brand that correlates to each list.  You do this by creating a rule for each part of the website you want to create a list for. More details on that here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6297497?hl=en

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear David,

Thank you very much for your reply. However, it is not an answer to my question. In this particular case, I'm not looking to remarket/retarget website visitors. Instead, I would like to dynamically create banners based on search behavior or contextual targeting: geo location and such. 

I know how to create a dynamic banner ads and attach them to a productfeed. No problems there. Also, re-targeting works just fine. What I am looking for is settings that help met target (as opposed to re-target) potential customers/website visitors with relevant prospecting banners.

Any ideas on that? Would love to hear them!

Cheers,

Tim

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Tim F

Sorry. Not sure why I read remarketing into your original post. You can do this. Here is info on setting up a feed for regular dynamic display ads: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6053288?hl=en&ref_topic=3180758

I'm not certain you can target based on specific search history.  I've only worked on dynamic remarketing ads.  It seems with regular dynamic display ads, you're still going to have to use the standard methods of targeting like keywords, interests, topics, and demographics.  I'm sure there is a "in-market" list for automotive, but I'm not certain you can get brand specific with it.

This info page talks about "personalized content" but doesn't go into too much detail about how personalized it gets or how it goes about doing it: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6053288?hl=en&ref_topic=3180758

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. Hopefully someone else can help. I'm now very curious to learn how the "personalized" part of this works.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, David! I will keep you posted Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Update: Google now allows Google Dynamic prospecting! - you can read more on that same link linked below which has been updated - see the section entitled "Dynamic prospecting and dynamic remarketing" -- thanks