AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic ad params and display network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I wish to use dynamic ad params (as in {param1:default}) in my ads, and I wonder if these ads can be displayed in the Display Network. 

Indeed the params are set by keyword. Is there any way to use dynamic params in ads in the Display Network ? If not, does Google plan on extending this feature to the Display Network ?

Thanks for your attention !

Re: Dynamic ad params and display network

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

That´s a great question!

I have never used keyword insertion this way myself, but according to Google "Keyword insertion works for campaigns that target search only, the Search and Display Networks, or the Display Network only."

Liz
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Liz
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi BastienBrd,

Thank you for posting! For your text ads on the Display Network (when you are using contextual targeting), you can actually try keyword insertion to dynamically update your ad text to include one of your keywords that triggered your ad.

As you might already know, keyword insertion can make your ads more relevant to customers, helping to increase your clickthrough rate (CTR). More details about this can be found here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2549129

For instructions on using keyword insertion, please refer to the following article: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454041

Please let me know if this does not answer your question/if you have further concerns. Have a good rest of your day!

-Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Sorry for this more than late reply, but in fact what I would like to do is to display updated prices corresponding to the service advertised for in the ad, or change the price present in the text ad via the API (very handy way to do that in search ads via AdParamService).

Can I change the text of a display ad via the API? If so, what would be the consequence for the ad's quality score, rank, etc?

Regards,

--

Bastien