AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic ad by location?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the US I have partners in the top 30-50 cities using the same product. All partners are in the same line of business and my product works ubiquitously throughout the US.  I'd like to set up a campaign(s) that uses the partner's well known name in each ad. All ads can be the same with the exception of the partner's name.

The problem is I don't think you can specify location at the ad group level; has to be by campaign.

What are my options other than setting up 30-50 campaigns?

I just read a post from somewhere in the UK where it was suggested running a nationwide campaign but with specific local ad groups and keywords, like "New York City Partner A" etc. in one group, "Dallas Partner B" in another. I guess that might work but wanted to check here for any other options.  THANKS!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave S
September 2015

Re: Dynamic ad by location?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Dave S,

If you have partners in 30-50 cities all using the same product, the b est approach would be to create 30-50 campaigns--one in each of those cities--with the partner's nam in the headline (or not).

Running a campaign with location in the keywords often results in "Low Search Volume". I would not recommend that approach.

If you want the best performance for each of your partners, each needs their own campaign. I'd suggest using the AdWords Editor as it is able to duplicate your campaigns--you then just need to set the geo-targeting. There are no short cuts here. The AdGroup approach is no less work than the multiple campaign approach, and it will give you back campaign level data on each of your partner locations. Not all partners will have the same performance on all keywords. This allows you to adjust bids and budget based on the performance of each partner.

Bite the bullet and create multiple campaigns, one for each partner location.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Two other questions:

How about using display ads where I can target better (?) by location?

Might CPM work better if it allows me to target by location?

Thanks!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Dave S,

If you have partners in 30-50 cities all using the same product, the b est approach would be to create 30-50 campaigns--one in each of those cities--with the partner's nam in the headline (or not).

Running a campaign with location in the keywords often results in "Low Search Volume". I would not recommend that approach.

If you want the best performance for each of your partners, each needs their own campaign. I'd suggest using the AdWords Editor as it is able to duplicate your campaigns--you then just need to set the geo-targeting. There are no short cuts here. The AdGroup approach is no less work than the multiple campaign approach, and it will give you back campaign level data on each of your partner locations. Not all partners will have the same performance on all keywords. This allows you to adjust bids and budget based on the performance of each partner.

Bite the bullet and create multiple campaigns, one for each partner location.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords